Saturday, December 25, 2010

NOTD: Borghese Stellare Notte

Hi everyone!  I hope you are having a wonderful holiday!  The new year is right around the corner!
I say this is NOTD because I only wore it one day and then changed to CG Bogie.  This is a beautiful nail lacquer, but just isn't for me.  I just do not like wearing greenish blue or teal on my fingernails.  Toes, I am ok with wearing blues.  It is a duochrome in an almost black base or maybe even navy blue, not really sure.  It mostly shows flashes of teal, but if you hold it just right.....you can see flashes of purple.  The purple was almost impossible to photograph, I almost gave up on it.
 





































In the bottle you can sort of see the color of teal, then the purple below it.  Well almost, I wasn't able to capture a very good bottle photo.














I actually like how it looks in the above photo.  But it always seems to look teal to me.  :(  
























I was FINALLY able to capture some purple!  Now this is pretty, I love that.





















I think I actually captured both colors of flash in this one.  Overall, the application was smooth and was the typical "two-coater".  Oh, and it started chipping within a few hours as well.  So I was definitely not happy with that.  I used my usual base coat and top coat and it still chipped quickly.  I haven't tried any other Borghese nail lacquers though, so I do not know if this is typical of the line.  Have you tried any others with success?       

1 comment:

  1. You have such pretty nails! I'm not a fan of greens, period, but I think you can pull off any color!

    ReplyDelete