Friday, November 12, 2010

Haul/Swatches

First off, let me just say that I really suck at taking pics.  These pictures do not really show how pretty these nail lacquers are.  All of the swatches are 2 coats except Mystic Lilac which is 3 coats.  Please excuse my sad cuticles (100% pure acetone wrecked them) and there was no clean-up on all swatches. So here we go!
SH CSM Fedora, SH CSM Sequin Scandal, OPI YDKJ Suede, OPI My Private Jet, OPI Tease-Y Does It, Maybelline Gray-T Glamour, SH Xtreme Wear Mystic Lilac





































I have to say that I really, really love the brush on these Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polishes.  I can usually get by with little to no clean-up with these.  This lacquer is from Tracey Reese for Sally Hansen Fall 2010 color collection.  Fedora is a nice "nudey" neutral with some gold microshimmer.  I wasn't really able to capture the shimmer, again, I suck at taking pics.  I love nudes, so this one is right up my alley.  Almost a 1 coater, smooth formula.







































































Hmmm, what can I say about this one?  Well, it appears to me to be an olive green glitter and maybe some silver glitter in a black base.  It almost looks like antique gold in certain lighting.  This one is also almost a one coater.














I know I am late getting with the suede/matte scene, but honestly I am not too fond of it.  As you can see in the last pic, I added topcoat.  I like it better that way.  Certainly does not look like the original You Don't Know Jacques! now does it?  Great formula and very fast drying.







































Well now, this is OPI My Private Jet.  I think I got the version nobody likes, because I am not thrilled with it.  Where is the holographic goodness?  It just looks like multi-colored glitter in a dark brown base.  Don't get me wrong, it's pretty, I like it, I'll wear it.....maybe.  Meh......kinda bummed with this one.  Great formula, nice and smooth.






This beauty is OPI Tease-Y Does it from the Burlesque Collection 2010.  It appears to be a brownish red base with lots of gold flakes and glitter.  It almost looks like a sparkly black in some lighting.  Awesome formula, but definitely needs 2 coats.

























The following pics will have both nail lacquers, either alone or layered.  I present to you Maybelline Gray-T Glamour and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mystic Lilac.


Gray-T Glamour is gorgeous!  This appears to be a periwinkle base with greenish, maybe turqoise, teeny tiny flakies.  I do love this one.  The formula is not the greatest though.  It is streaky on one coat, definitely requires 2 coats.
























Mystic Lilac is a lovely muted lavender with green microshimmer.  The formula is very smooth but is shear, so this needs at least 3 coats to be opaque.  Perfect spring and summer color.















Here I did some layering with Gray-T Glamour and Mystic Lilac.
#1 is GTG with 2 coats of ML.
#2 is GTG with 1 coat of ML.
#3 is GTG alone.
Phew, this was a super duper long post.  I sure hope you are still with me and didn't fall asleep.  Is that snoring I hear?  Oh that's just Billy, my daughter's cat.




2 comments:

  1. hello Kim,
    I love polishes also like you. I hope you can visit mine and like as well:)
    I like your clean work. Nice!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete